17 January 2013

Two figures

Readers, meet my two figures. Figures, meet my readers.


I got these two people for Christmas. They're artist's models from a local art shop. They're about 25 cm high and I love them!

I like their style in our house - they grab the eye, posing there on top of our bookcase. They're fun to move around into creative poses. So far they've done the can-can, surfed, danced, done karate, held hands, and one's done a handstand on the other.

They've also had an argument (see below). As you can see above, they made up.


Although they lack a bit of joint flexibility in certain places (no downward-facing dog for them, yogis), they're a fascinating study of how bodies move and balance. Their feet attach magnetically to a round base, and the moment I try to make them do something we couldn't, they fall over.

I also like the way little changes - such as whether their knees are angled slightly in or out - seem to change their personality. When I make their legs bandy, they seem masculine and cowboyish.

Below is one of my favourites. It's the first thing Jack did when he saw them.


One's a Wallabies supporter, he said, and the other supports the All Blacks.

1 comment :

  1. I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. The issue is something that not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very happy that I found this during my search for something relating to this. gmail login

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...