7 February 2014

Beach break

I'm desperate to start blogging again. I've missed being here!

Here are some photos from our recent holiday in Raglan, on the west coast of New Zealand's North Island. We hired a house for four nights. It's a wild and beautiful place.





This is Whale Bay - a popular surf break.


Friends came out to dinner, and we took an evening walk as the sun set. The rocks were hot from the day's sun, and radiated warmth underneath us as we rock-hopped. I love the way the colours and silveriness of the sea change as the sun dips lower.



Anna and I kayaked together one day.


Fish and chips were eaten (not by me).


There used to be farmland here, once the native vegetation was cleared. Fortunately many of the paddocks have gone and the bush is returning. I love the wiry trunks of the kanuka trees (or are they manuka - I can't tell except I know kanuka grow taller).


I used to think the east coast with its white sand beaches was the only coast for me, but my husband's surfing habit has me wondering whether I could be a west coaster after all.

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...