29 September 2012

Fleeting, beautiful

Why is it that many beautiful things are so fleeting?

Anna found a dead monarch butterfly
The cherry blossom is being replaced by leaves
Since this morning I've been wondering if I should post on this matter. Then I did a lovely - and only too rare - yoga session outside on our deck. As I finished, the sun began to set, and the spring sky turned pink. Another fleeting beauty, I thought.


I wonder if we find things more beautiful because they're fleeting? It's easier to appreciate them more, I think, when we know they will soon disappear. Much like life and family after a funeral. Maybe I need to pretend everything is temporary... because really, in the big picture, it is.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...